Aaron Cronan has focused his legal expertise on three main areas: Music / Entertainment, Business Law, and Electronic Discovery.
Music and Entertainment
As a composer and writer, Aaron has always been drawn to helping creative clients make a living from their passions and talent.The industry can be rough and discouraging. Musicians and artists need a lawyer who understands not only the law taught in the books, but the reality of marketing and selling intellectual property in the digital arena.
Aaron understands that businesses must weigh legal risks against business realities. To be effective as legal counsel, Aaron makes it his job to know the realities of your business. Aaron has helped clients sell and buy businesses, draft master service agreements, settle vendor disputes with out resorting to litigation, work with investors, register trademarks, and handle HR and employment issues.
Aaron Cronan has gained a unique mix of litigation, information security and electronic discovery experience over the last 10 years. He spent six years in intellectual property and business litigation for fortune 1000 clients. His interest in technology, compliance and governance lead him to become the Director of Content Development for a national conference where he worked closely with information security thought leaders and executives from top companies. More recently, Cronan honed his information governance and e-discovery expertise at a top tier e-discovery provider, working with NLJ 250 law firms and Fortune 500 companies. Cronan now manages an e-discovery consultancy, assisting firms and companies as they wrestle with the evolving e-discovery landscape.
Professional Background & Education
- Licensed Attorney: Oregon and California
- JD, University of California Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, Calif.
- BA, Political Science, University of California San Diego, San Diego, Calif.
- President 2009-2010, Information Security Systems Association, Portland Chapter
- Program Chair 2006-2009, Information Security Systems Association, Portland Chapter
- Represented clients Kaza and Von Dutch Clothing in high profile intellectual property litigation
- Successfully managed discovery of multimillion dollar telecom litigation defense
- Senior Managing Editor, Communication and Entertainment Law Journal (COMM-ENT), UC Hastings
- Volunteer Portland “Impact” Mentorship Program
- Volunteer Los Angeles Magnet School Mentor Program
- Speaker: The Collision of Privacy and e-Discovery, Inno Tech, NW Security Conference, Portland , OR, May 2010
- Speaker: The Collision of Privacy and e-Discovery, Portland Privacy Group, Portland , OR, February 2010
- Speaker: Civil e-Discovery and the New California Rules, California Dist. Attorney Association Conference, Sacramento, CA, January 2010
- Speaker: e-Discovery and the Keys to the Crown Jewels, SecureWorld Expo, Seattle, WA, October, 2009
- Author: The Basics on Handling Email Attachments in e-Discovery, White Paper, September, 2009
- Speaker: Trends in e-Discovery for Corporate Counsel, West Law CLE lecture, Safeco Stadium, Seattle, WA, Aug 2009
- Speaker: Leveraging e-Discovery: How Info Sec Can Use the Pain of eDiscovery to Keep Security Funded, Innotech, Portland, OR, May 2009
- Author: Five Steps to Controlling Costs: Best Practices for Managing e-Discovery in Small Matters, White Paper, May 2009
- Author: FRCP 26(g) Certification – The Risks and Rewards, The Electronic Discovery Counselor, March 2009
- Author: FRCP 26(g): Understanding your e-discovery certification obligations, White Paper, February 2009
- Speaker: e-Discovery,The CISO’s New Ally, SecureWorld Expo, Seattle, WA, October, 2008
- Speaker: Who’s Afraid of e-Discovery, GMIS, Carson, NV, October 2008
Why Choose Us?
- Flexible Appointment Availability
- Personal Attention On Every Case
- Local Representation
- Free Initial Consultation